Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Raven's..


I met this stately gentleman in the Wal-Mart parking lot, waiting for Hubs as he went in for 1 item that took him 30 minutes just to check out for. Stupid Walmart. I was feeling happy, my stomach full of the most amazing taco's in Fairbanks, Alaska. I was happy to have a little time to admire this little friend. Ahh the joys of not feeling rushed!

Remember how I said several blogs back that one of the things I love about Alaska is the fact that around every corner, Alaska always knows how to say "Hey friend, how are ya?"

I think that was Mr. Raven today.

Commanding over his flock.

I often wonder if ravens feel unappreciated, unloved. Here we mostly look upon them as a nuisance. A raven is a bird that you have to duck from in the parking lot, a bird who's favorite perch is on top of your car. Sometimes the real narsty ones will swarm you! It's horrifying.

But there is something pretty serious about this raven. Something fierce. I love how his eyes are all business. The dark contrast of the feathers against the white snowy background. You can tell this big boy knows he's the boss of raven land.

Today I found a new appreciation. Raven's aren't so bad at all. :)

1 comment:

  1. awesome :)

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete