Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hi. My Name is Rocksee. I live in the Arctic. It's pretty Rad.

So today, The Hubs and I had some errands to run. We had to go to the doctor and do some other stuff..  After going to the doctor, we decided to head over the Cookie Jar for a killer lunch of fried cheese and tuna melts. You can not go wrong with anything that starts with fried and ends with cheese.

You just can't. It's amazing. Mmmm cheese.. Ok.. I'm tryin to focus. Cheeese..

On our way we saw this!


If I've said it once, I've said it a milliiiiiiiiiiiiiiion times. Nobody does a winter sky like Alaska, nobody. We saw that little gem on our way to lunch.. pokin out of the clouds sayin hello! We decided after poking around town a little to go to our favorite little coffee shop and have a little treat. 

Mc Cafferty's in Fairbanks is the coolest little coffee spot south of the Arctic Circle. We love coming here. It's a great atmosphere that makes you think you are back in America.. haha I mean the "Outside" or the Lower 48.. Here we call it Alaska and down in America. 

Anyways, there is live music here too! I can't wait to go check it out!


Hubs.. orderin up some java.. 



Yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmy Butter Pecan Latte. 
AND THERE COFFEE COMES IN BUCKETS.. LOOK AT THAT CUP!!! IT's HUUUUUUUUUGE!

We saw that it was getting a little colder.. so we thought it might be a good time to start heading back home.. -27 was the warmest I saw while we were out. At -27.. you have to keep your car on when you run in to the store or go to lunch.. It's coooooooooold. And you could feel that it was just getting colder. But we kept seeing some of Alaska's amazing skies and just hated to back to the house. It was nice to get out for awhile!!!!



Pretty Pink Sky!!!! We got of snow before it got too cold, which is nice for the people who have houses so their pipes don't freeze. Frozen Pipes + -35 = NO BUENO!


I also got a cool new pink hat. To go with my black scarve. I'm a cool     
Alaska girl. 

After we saw this, we figured it's probaaaaaaaaaably time to go home. -35 isn't a time to go puttin around town. We headed back home. Now we are keeping warm, cuddled up with coffee and some movies...

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Fried....Cheese! mmmmmmm

    oh yeah, you were talking about some cold weather too, lol

    sometimes I want to go to the snow, then I see something like this and realize I like it right where I am

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable in that hat!! Love all the pictures and I agree 100%....the winter skies here are amazing. Just one of the many reasons I love our wonderful state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Mmmm, fried cheese.
    - Love your adorable hat.
    - I swear just reading your blog gives me freaking frostbite.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need to come visit you! We had an awesome show of the Northern Lights a few weeks ago. It made me think of you, and your awe inspiring pictures of the Alaskan sky in winter.
    I had to call all of my neighbors up and tell them to come outside to take a look ; ) My mom is 64 and that was the first time in her life that she has ever seen them.
    Thank you so much for sharing your view of Alaska with us (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete