Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cold, Grey, Dark, Quiet... It must be winter..

I've never lived somewhere that you can visably see and feel people changing with the seasons. You see people getting quieter, going right home.. rushing into their houses as the winds get colder and the skies darkening.

As we loose the light, we loose that summer spark that kept life interesting. We are left to search for the drive and that little push to get us through the dark time and into the light.

It's a long.. very cold process.


There's less traffic, less people, less to do..
You don't really want to eat.
You don't really wanna sleep.
But there isn't much else you can do.

During the winter, your creativity must get you through the day.. finding something to keep your mind going..

Lately I've learned a few things.

I can't fix everything and I can't fix everyone. People have to be able to fix there own issues, by themselves. My best bet is to be a good supportive person in their lives and let the chips fall where they may.

I've learned to admit when I can't do something. IF something is too big for you to handle, it's far more responsible to say.. "You know.. I don't think this is in my realm of possibility." You have to be smart enough to realize when your mental health and your life is more important, than some stresser that you can't really corral anyways.

And I need to stop being so lazy.
But that's always been a work in process.

And I've learned to look up in the sky and enjoy what there is to see.


It's pretty great right??

That coupled with some great aurora's.. it makes -40 alot easier to bear.

Someone told me this week that I had been the a great support to them in their lives. I think that was the best compliment I've ever gotten.

That drove me to hope that I can do that for everyone. Not just one person.
That small praise has made me feel that maybe I can be something for someone else that I never could have thought. It gives me something to strive for. It was a great feeling to have someone say.

I took this picture in the summer.
Cool huh?

It makes me dream of warm summer days...... and cocktails..


Happy Tuesday..!

No comments:

Post a Comment