Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Going Back to The Porch Swing.

You know how you start something and you work at it and work at it and eventually you start to feel that your locked into doing something one way?

When is started this blog, my orginal intent was to just have a place to put down a major life event and see where it took me. My husband and I were moving to Alaska.. and I had all of these thoughts and feelings and craziness inside my mind that I had to get out somehow.

Thus a blog was born.

I began just journaling things going on around the neighborhood, plans for my trip... and my readership picked up. I began meeting alot of people and really connecting to some folks through blogging. I've met some great friends actually because of this blog and other blogs I frequent and I'm SO lucky to have met them in such a positive way.



Alot of the people I became friendly with were some of the reasons that I kept writing more and more about what was happening with our lives and our trip to Alaska.

They my fears about leaving Kansas for the north much more easier to deal with by getting it all out in one place and hearing there thoughts about it.

But as I've gone along these past 2 years in Alaska, I don't want to say I've felt locked into writing about living here or writing about what I've seen hear.. but I've really missed having that connection that I had with the readers on here.

As I've gone along and written more and more, I've sorta felt stuck in trying to think of more "Alaska" things to write about, when sometimes, I am mad at Alaska. Sometimes I hate living so far. Sometimes I hate things that have happened each day, and I have not place to put that anger, fear and frustration because this blog has now turned into just one thing. Alaska.





Now I don't mean to say that I hate writing about Alaska. I don't. But what I am saying is that I do sometimes feel very restricted in the way I write somethings and the way I don't.

To be honest, I'm not really sure who actually reads this blog and who doesn't and that is very dishearting.




I just want to write about life. My life, my feelings, what's going on.. AND Alaska. I think that in my intention to change my blog up and give it a different name I have hamstringed it into being something that it's not.

I'm just a girl who has an insane life and I just happen to live in Alaska.

Not I'm a girl and everything I do is Alaska.

So I am going back to my old name, my old blog, my old feelings.

We are going to talk about crazy neighbors, crazy husbands, my life, my opinions, cooking AND Alaska.. and maybe throw in some pictures in between. It's going to be more about life and less about where I live all the time.




I'd love to have some more readers.. and I"m going to try to work towards that gradually.. but constantly trying to think of something to write on here has proved to give me a bad ass case of writers BLOCK.

Maybe if I stop thinking so much about it the words will come a little easier. I just want it to be more.. "OMG I HAVE TO BLOG ABOUT THAT.." than.. "UGH.. what to do about the blog."

So we are now back at the Porch Swing.. We are now back drinkin tea and tellin' tells.. and we'll see what happens. Tell your friends.. invite some folks and we will see what happens.

I don't want to shut the blog down. I'd like to keep a good thing going.

Enough for today.
Adios!

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are going to make some changes rather than quit blogging! I have loved reading your blog for the last couple of years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog too! And you should write about whatever you want - Alaskan or not.

    Back in 2006, my blog was filled with many entries about my mother's illness and then losing her. If not for the support of my many readers, I would have lost my mind. They were a godsend to me in my darkest hours.

    Living here in Alaska - far from my bio family - can be depressing. But the friends I've made here (both in AK and through blogging) are so precious to me, and they have become my family when I need a shoulder or someone to talk to.

    Write away. We're listening/reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still here and still reading! ANything you want to write about is so totaly cool. You are a good blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read your blog much because I keep losing the link and not being able to find it...but I love what I have read...this time i will bookmark you....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been away from the blogosphere for awhile (so I haven't visited anyone—it's not just you!) But I'm coming back sometime this week. And just for the record, I've always loved it when you just let it rip.

    ReplyDelete