Tuesday, November 9, 2010

the pages..

All has been quiet on our little street for days now. It seems that everyone is packing up and packing it in before "Ole Man Winter" knocks at their doors. I like the quiet.

Photobucket

I remember when I was a little girl I used to sit on my grandpas porch in Peabody, Kansas America and listen for some kind of sound. I would wait and wait and wait.. and hear nothing. No wind, no birds, no cars... nothing. I always loved that. The blank sound of nothing.

And sometimes here.. during the blanket of quiet.. it reminds me of home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm working nights now. I like working in the night for a variety of reasons.. one being I'm just a night owl and I love, especially in my job, how the most bizarre things happen at night.

You'd be amazed what people do when you are fast asleep. Maybe you don't want to know.

But I digress.

I work with a girl who I've really connected with. We have alot of very deep discussions when the infomericals start and the calls stop.

It's amazing when we figure out that we have written in and filled up all the pages of our book. All of the nooks and crannies are all filled. And a new book has to be opened.

A new.. very big huge book.. And we are on the brink of something very very big.

It's exciting and it's scary all at the same time. Knowing that a new book full of blank pages is coming your way.

But it's also amazing, because you never know how those pages are going to fill up. How many times those words are going to change and grow..

It's amazing when a brand new book comes your way. It has me wondering what all the pages will say before they are even written.

But I think not knowing makes life a little more exciting.

A little more wild. And I'm good to life my life wild.


"Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question."
— E.E. Cummings


Photobucket

It snowed today.

I know that seems sorta stupid to say. Even though I am 31 years old.. it still sorta gets me excited.

I remember when I was a little girl and you could see the snow falling at home at night.. just under the lightpole of our street.

Kansas snow was something to behold.

But as the years went on.. we never got any.. it all but stopped.

I am glad.. even through all it's faults.. that I live in a place with snow.. good, delciously happy snow.

It still makes me giddy.


Photobucket


Do you think this hard?

I think riding bikes on the dry, bare pavement is tough enough.

This dude is a monster.

9 degrees.. and god knows how much snow is there.. thats tough stuff right there.

____________________________________________


Today, being home for the day, I got the pleasure of over hearing Mrs. Neck...

"BABBBBBBBBBY IF YOU CANT GO NUMBER 2, DON'T TRY TO FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!!! "..

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. I get excited every.single.time. it snows. I dont think I'll ever stop jumping up and down like a little kid when the white stuff makes its appearance. I love my Alaskan world to be white and sparkling with the beauty of winter!

    As for Mrs. Neck....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering why that picture is being all funky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The few times I've worked at the airport at night it's been a ton of fun b/c the CRAZEEES do come out at night!!! I can only imagine the phone calls you get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you write about Mrs Neck! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete