Thursday, June 3, 2010

today

I saw a man the other day, walking down the road. He had on a pack, shorts and a very large head of unkept dreadlocks, thumb out. When I drove past, he smiled. I smiled back.

He was walking on this very road, long and winding... sometimes never-ending.. but he still had a smile.

It kind of reminded me about what Alaska is to me sometimes. A very long road. But one that's worth traveling on to find your happiness. I hope someday I can be as carefree as that man walking along this road. Someone who maybe doesn't know what the next day holds for him and is still ok with that. At peace with themselves.

That's a part of Alaska I love. Through all the hustle and bustle of the city life, the constant influx of military families from bigger, faster paced lifestyles.. there are these people, the hitch hikers, the people who live in the cabins tucked back in the woods who live quiet lives without many people knowing.. these people are the alaska I love..

There is a freedom and a wildness that can never be tamed here. The energy that rolls over these hills can sometimes over take you. I'm so overwhelmed with the fact that my life has so much possibility. How can you harness that in?

Today was just another day in Alaska. The time ticked by just like it has for the past 8 months.
But each day I survive in Alaska, I feel free and I feel like I know that I can do anything in this world.

I took the most impossible dream and made it possible.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about. Its a wonderful feeling isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking special areas of your blog or website?
    Simply open an account on AdWorkMedia and run their content locking plug-in.

    ReplyDelete