Monday, February 22, 2010

What's new with me..

So people keep asking me how the job is going so I thought I would pen a little update. I guess in a week you can't really say how something is going to go. But I will say that I got a little overwhelmed.

The way things are done is alot different than how I did them at my old job and theres alot of expectation being placed on me because I have experience. The fact is that I have experience doing something a COMPLETELY different way. So it's very hard to have that pressure placed on you when you are coming into something that is done day and night different.

It's alot of pressure being placed on someone in there first week.

But I knew that was how it would be.. and I am ok with that. I took this weekend to let things kinda simmer in my brain and I feel a little better with it all.

I think that one thing I am going to have to remember in all of this is that it is just a job. I can not learn everything in 5 days or 10 days or a year. I am going to have to find a way to harness in my emotions and just roll with the punches regardless of how anyone makes me feel.

I will see where it goes and hope for the best. That's all you can do right?

What I will say is that it is an honor to work somewhere steeped in such a rich tradition. It's almost amazing to think of how many citizens and land area that is my responsibility to help protect. I see people and things that I have seen on TV and each day it's amazing to think that I actually work here.

Which is part of the reason why I am putting so much pressure on myself to do well. It's important for me to feel like I can make a difference here.

It's alot of stuff to have happen in 5 days.

oxox

4 comments:

  1. Girl....you impress the HECK out of me! So proud of you and what you've accomplished! You have the coolest job in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve recently started a new job too so I can understand what you mean. Good luck, I hope it all goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will doa great job. you are living your dream girl!

    - Lisa
    www.inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete