Friday, February 12, 2010

Rocksee.. the newest employee of the Alaska State Troopers..

Yep.. you read it right.. It's been a WHIRLWIND week here in the North Pole. As you had previously read I did get and take a job at the Fairbanks International Airport Police and Fire Department as a public safety dispatcher.

But long ago, on a whim.. I applied with the Alaska State Troopers, just seeing what they would say.. I mean really who would hire some rednecked hillbilly girl from KS? I sure didn't..

But yesterday, the day before I was quiting my old job, the troopers called and offered me the position.

I was FLOORED. This is my dream position.

See as a dispatcher.. the highest level you can go w/o going into supervisory stuff, is dispatching for a state trooper post. It's the big time as far as dispatching goes and working for a state trooper post, in a state that I've only lived in for 6 months is a HUGE honor. Humbling, to be exact! To be 30 years old and basically achieve your career peak is pretty big for me.

I've come a long way to this.

But I just wanted to share my good news.

Love you guys!!

12 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats that is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course they only hire the BEST! So they had to hire you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HECKYAH! : ) Congrats ! (BIG ONES!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just now catching up on some of my blogs so sorry for the delay, but CONGRATULATIONS! That is so awesome! It sounds like things are really working out for you there in Alaska, and I'm very happy for you :-) Hope you went out and celebrated (you deserve it)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell us, how was your first day on the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!
    Congrats!!!!
    You have an award over on my blog =]

    ReplyDelete