Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland..

As you can see, the snow has finally arrived in the Central Interior. Anchorage has been hit by a huge amount of snow. Valdez, Alaska recieved 7 FEET of snow..!! Can you imagine it?? Some of the pictures I have seen are just amazing. It's very hard to wrap your head around.

Finally Wednesday snow started to come down at a very steady pace. By Friday we had what I took below.

When I woke up in the morning and I went to drive to work, the snow was halfway up my car tire. I have a very low slung car, so it was alot of snow for my car to trudge trough!

Today the temps have dipped. It's -36 currently in North Pole Alaska.. which being this cold and getting this amount of snow is an oddity apparently. It should be warmer for the snow to happen.

And who says theres no global warming strangeness.

Tonight I have to get gussied up to go a company holiday party. I am not sure if I want to go in such cruddy weather.. but you have to get out there and just do it!





5 comments:

  1. We've got about a tenth of that and I'm freaking out. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes -36!!!! Thats when your nose hairs freeze before you even try and breathe...brrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, its absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And to think, I thought our 18 inches was bad :) I would make a VERY good Alaskan! I hope you have a good time at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man that's a lot of snow! you looked gorgeous all gussied up btw

    ReplyDelete