Tuesday, December 8, 2009

(place title here)

Theres no real title for this blog today. Just a bunch of random stuff.

I'm looking for ideas to make for christmas. I don't have alot of money and most of my presents have to be shipped so it's mostly gonna be something that can be small. So I went to Micheals today, and can I just tell you that is the most misorganized haphazard store that there ever was. How can people find things in there? I really couldn't find ANYTHING that would have worked.. or the makings for something that MIGHT have worked all in the same place.

So I am still on the hunt.... for something!

Another thing today, my new friend Cassie at my job thinks that I am a little crazy. Which she's right I am.. but I am a creature of habit. I'm the kind of person that if I REALLY like something or it's close or I've been doing it for awhile, I tend to stick with those few things. I mean mind you, I will always try something new, but in the day to day grind, I tend to do mostly the same sort of stuff.

Theres this bagel shop near my job called Bruggers. Which I love. I literally go there for breakfast everyday. Now maybe not like 7 days a week. but at least 4 days a week in the work week and sometimes for lunch too. IT's a good joint. So today I met Cassie and her friend Jocelyn there for lunch. She thought I was nutty cause I ate there for breakfast too. But it's good, so I don't care.

We had a great lunch and I was stoked to meet a new friend!

I had to stop by Fred Meyer today after work before I went back to Santaland to get a replacement filter for our water filtration system. Fun fact, but Alaska has TERRIBLE WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.. TERRIBLE.. Ok, well I can't say for the whole state.. and fellow AK'ers out there let me know.. but Fairbanks/Interior AK has the worst water there is. And North Pole.. where I live.. is SUPER AWFUL. Its grey and full of setament (spelling?) and sometimes it looks like there is things in it floating. I wouldn't feed it too a dog to be honest. It just looks gross. So we have to have a little Brita fliter on our faucet or we have to buy water at the store. It's ok to like wash dishes with or cook with (if you boil it down) but not to drink. Think clay tasting ..

Some people here have to "haul water" which you hear alot. Basically people have this huge plastic cylinder in a truck or on a trailer and they have to go to a water station and fill it up. I think its like a coupla hundred gallons.. I don't knwo that for sure.. but it's big. Think a giant water gas station. The pumps kinda look like it.

What sucks is that if you think about it, in water terms a few hundred gallons isnt' alot. Not for a family of 2 or 3. A few showers could eat that up. Or a few big piles of dishes.

People who do haul water have to do it.. ALOT.

Well that's all I have for now. Have a great night everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Love your header. It cracks me up that you have Michaels up there. I don't know why, but I can only Northern Exposure with no chain stores! I know that's ridiculous, sorry. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had horrible water in Kenai also. But there it was a rust problem. I was hoping to get away from it but guess what! We have a rust problem here too. Back to Culligan and water filters.Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you're doing great! But it sucks about your water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go check out Etsy and steal some of their ideas. Or buy something from there, they are usually pretty inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh....Brueggers.....we love that place! It opened the first time we lived here and Jeff and I were stoked! We spent much of our dating life eating at Brueggers in downtown Omaha. We'll have to meet there sometime!!!
    Love the Christmas look....so good to have some posts from you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh....an award for you on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a creature of habit, too, and it drives my husband nuts! It's mostly only about things that I eat, but I figure that if I find something good and that I like, then I'm going to stick with it!

    I didn't realize that people in AK had to haul water. It really makes you think about how easy it is to take things for granted. I'm glad that you're able to get yours with a filter!

    And I don't know if you're still looking for good handmade Christmas ideas, but one year I bought some really economical frames, painted them, added a few decorations, and framed some of my favorite poems for family members. It was easy, lightweight (aka, easy to ship!), and they really liked them. Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete