Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Someone once told me that home is anywhere you make it. I'm not sure if that's entirely true.. but I do feel that as long as you are with those that you love.. the rest always seems to fall into place.

I never had done anything in my life up to now that I would term "adventurous". I don't even think that packing up and moving from everyone and everything I ever knew wasnt all that adventurous. Sometimes I think crazy, maybe stupid, but, not adventurous.

I think that this year has really taught me that dreams are ok to have, they don't always work and sometimes you have to make the best of the situation.

I love living here.. don't mistake that. I feel that this year has taught me alot about who I am as a person and what I am capable of. I feel that this year has saved my life from becoming everything I didn't want it to be. I feel that this year has strengthened my marriage and bonded us together even more.

What I love about Alaska is that it is full of raw promise and hope. You can do anything you want with your life here. I may have yet to accomplish that, but it's here for the taking.

When I sat in this spot last year.. wondering who I was going to be when the year closed, I'm not sure if I thought that this would be how it came to an end.

But what I am happy about is that I am still here.. I am still alive.. and I'm still amazed everyday that I took a dream and ran with it. A small town girl, who had an idea and made it happen.

So where do we go from here? What's the next dream to accomplish? What's the next check mark on the list.

God only knows.. but I am open to whatever his field of dreams has in store for me.

Merry Christmas friends. Be safe.. Love one another and don't be afraid to step out of your box and make it happen.

Some Pics from the Holidays..
I told you we had a HUGE supper!



2 comments: