Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Snow Capped Alaska...




I haven't left you my friends.. life's rough on the last frontier.. it's taken me awhile to get my bearings and I thought it best to depart from life on the porch to get things together. We are all good here. The mister just started his new job, helping the less fortunate.. which is a good fit for him. Something he will, I'm sure be good at.. Our little family is on the upswing.. So hopefully, we will keep on heading up. I will be back more often now. So it's less "woe is me"... and more.. "lucky me.."






We are seeing the first signs of Ole Man Winter here.. as it snowed last week in the upper hills and a little bit on the ground here in the Valley. It was funny, but the snow we had last week was probably more than we have had in Kansas in 2 years..






So it's a change..






Some pictures for your enjoyment.. and I'll be back. Promise.

14 comments:

  1. *groan* i remember how quickly winter sets in there, hold on, it's gonna be a long 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the first snowfall. Lovely pictures. I have always romanticized Alaska; it's interesting to see your first hand perspective.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you post, I was beginning to get worried! Love the snow pics. Here in the Mat-SU Valley we have termination dust on the mtns but nothing yet in the Valley itself, which is frustrating! Exactly one yr ago we had our firt snow of the winter, so I keep hoping I'll see snow soon.

    Glad to hear things are looking better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures.

    And I'm glad you updated. I was wondering how things were going in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! its gorgeous!! so glad to see you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering last night if Alaska was indeed the edge of the earth and you'd fallen off...

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek!
    I'm dreading the day it snows here in Anchorage!!
    I'm hanging on to the 40 degree weather as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear from you. Gorgeous pics! It was 92 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to hear from you. I'm glad things are on the upswing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are getting it together and enjoying your life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to see an update from you, and that things seem to be on the upswing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos girly!!! I dream of living in the hills one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you are back...lovely coooold pics too!!

    ReplyDelete