Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 3

I've offically decided that I am over riding in the car.

Seriously.. it's getting a tad old.

We had a hard day yesterday. Crossed at the border at Coutts AB/ Sweetgrass MT. Got stopped and the car searched because Hubs thought he may have packed his pepper spray. So after three hours of dragging out all of my worldly possessions all over the ground, the Canadian government found said pepper spray and all was well. Only after I was searched and sniffed by a bomb dog of course.

Since we didn't get on the road very early and had a little 3 hour set back, we didn't get far yesterday. Tensions were high and nobody was in the mood to go much farther.

We drove through Calgary and ended up stopping at Red Deer Alberta.

I hope today we can make some serious progress. Not sure though. I just want this to be done. The thought of 3 more days in the car.. well that fact makes me shutter. I see why people say that they didn't stop off to do anything because they just wanted to get farther, so the trip was over.

Well.. Im done for today. Maybe I will have better to post tommorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Hang in there... It will get better. Take some really deep breaths and enjoy the scenery. Easy for me to say, huh? Lol
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many more days do you have? Hope they go by smoothly and event-less! Looking forward to hearing that you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... love that you're keeping us all updated. I hope the rest of your trip goes more smoothly - and once you get there, it becomes smooooooth sailing. Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. Glad I wasn't a fly on the wall of the backseat yesterday. Bet you had some fun discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need a cheery game of Roadkill Jeopardy to keep your spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate hate HATE the car ride part of the trip after oh...the first HOUR. Hang in there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I hope you can get the next few days. I love to travel but not so sure I would want to drive all that way in one shot. Drive Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it, keep your eyes on the prize!!! I've been praying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also had my pepper spray confiscated at the Detroit/ Ontario border years ago. I was all like "I hope they're happy when I get attacked in an alley and I don't have my pepper spray!!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh road trips so much fun. Hope the ride is smooth from now on....

    ReplyDelete