Thursday, August 13, 2009

Crazy Day

So I apologize for not posting sooner.

It's been a crazy week fuuuuuuuuuuull of Alaska size craziness.

But here's the cliff notes.

I got another job today, which I am very excited about. It's a good position in a good company. However, today we FINALLY heard from the people in Nenana as well.

Apparently they contacted our friend who also works at the school wanting to know where we were.

She told them that we were staying with some friends and had been basically living in our cars for the past two weeks.

She also told them how we had tried and tried to call them to no answer, as well that she had tried to coordinate us getting the key from the chef.

Well apparently this was news to all of them and wanted her to tell us that we could come anytime to pick up the key.

Um isn't that there job to call us directly??

Why leave that to our friend to be there 3rd party??

It's all very shady and kinda strange.


Then apparently the headmaster and the superiendent called our friend wanting to know our numbers. She told them that she had told us that the key was available now.. and that we could go pick it up. (again not her job)

So they said never mind they didn't need it.

Nobody called us ALL day long. They apparently though, pestered my friend, until she finally called us a second time wanting to know if we had called the school.

To me, I'm not in a big fire hurry to call anyone. Those people left me out to dry and didn't care what I was doing or where I was living or being for the past week and a half.

I'll call when I am ready... or I will talk to them when they call..

But alllllllllllllll day..

NO calls.

So then, me and Bubby are sitting here at my lovely friend's house, watching TV at 11:00pm at night and Assistant Guy who we have been dealing with calls.

AT 11:00 PM AT NIGHT?

He called both of our phones and we both let it go to voicemail.

He apologized over and over for the wires getting crossed and blah blah blah.. and that he didn't get any calls or emails or anything to know we had tried to come and get the key.

Well that is a lie because I sent him an email 6 days ago, which he JUST responded to tonight.

So he did get the email.. he just didn't answer it for 6 days.

So I don't know what to do.

Here I have a great job.. Hubs still doesn't have a job and we have no place to live. We need to get out of our friends house soon. She has been so gracious and kind to us and I don't want to wear out our welcome.

But I don't know that I trust this cat at the school..

AGHH!!!

16 comments:

  1. The people at the school sound shady for sure. Maybe it's just how they do things up there?? I don't know...weird.
    Congrats on the job for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're right - that is crazy and shady all rolled into one. I'm guessing that it wouldn't be possible for you to take the new job and for your husband to take the one at the school. It is probably worth your while to try to meet with the school people, if only to explain to them in person everything you went through and to have explain everything to you in person. Sometimes, meeting someone face to face can go a long way in telling you whether or not they're being honest and whether they'd be good to work with. If anything, it'll give you the chance to tell them "thanks, but no thanks" after hearing what they have to say for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for wisdom. Glad to hear an update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would stick with what you have. Unless it's possible to work part time at the school too. Doesn't sound too professional. Reminds me of the time the hospital in N. Michigan sent my BF an OFFER LETTER only to tell him that they decided not to hire ANYONE at the time. This was after having him drive 4 hours North for three different interviews...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for all that crap sweetie. Makes for a great story though, right? hugs to you...it is an adventure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...I would go with your gut on this one. PLEASE let us know what we can do to help you---you want to come over for dinner sometime soon? We know a lot of people here and maybe we can make some connections as far as housing/jobs for hubs.... So glad you got your job. Keep plugging away---it's gonna work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that seems a little fishy.
    I can't believe they never called you and kept bugging your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say stick with the new job and hopefully hubs will find one soon too! If they are shady from the get go I would run for the hills :).

    I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man! How are you supposed to feel comfortable working for them after all they put you through? Do what your gut tells you. What's the new job you've been offered. Can Hubs take the other job and you keep the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  10. man, that's crazy!! but that's awesome that you found a job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yikes. I wish I had some good sound advice to give you. But all I can think of is to trust your gut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it possible that your husband can take the job with them so you guys can have the apt and you keep the new job you got?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is shady. They are pretty irresonsible and I wouldn't doubt they'd be that way with their paychecks as well. I'd be careful if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the job. As for all the rest it sounds a bit sketchy, no? Good luck getting things settled...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a dilema!!! I wouldn't know what to do! Luckily you have had someone to stay with:) I'm sure it will all work out in the end...you've already done the hard part; moving across God's green (and rainy) earth to get there! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. someone should rename alaska CRAZYTOWN!!! does your husband have any job prospects?

    ReplyDelete