Tuesday, July 28, 2009

North to Alaska!

Hello ladies,

Just a short note to let you know what's been happening over at the porch swing in the ghetto! The plan was to get packed up Monday and head out this morning for the great white north.

Obviously god had another plan!

We were at my FIL house last night.. went out to turn on the car to go home.. and BLAM! Nothing. Couldnt and wouldnt start for anything. We tried to jump it.. nothing..

So we ended up having to tow it and got it fixed this morning. Small hiccup. And only sets back our plans just one day.

We will be leaving on the road for the great white north tommorrow at 9 CST!

Tommorrow is the big day.

I will be trying very hard to check in on the computer so you will know what's going on in this big journey of ours. You have been a huge part of this from the get go.. and I want you all to know every step of the process.

Love you all.. and remember, any dream is yours for the taking.

oxoxox

Rocksee

29 comments:

  1. Rocksee! Have a blast and I will definately be praying for your safe journey - you and the hubs! Be safe, kiss a moose for me and send me a rock!
    Peace Love & Roadtrips
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the car...but YEA for you guys! I am so excited for you!!!!!!! Giddy excited! Can't wait to hear about your travels and hear how you are in heaven once you get there! Hugs...high fives...and all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just weren't meant to leave today!!! It's a sign...i truely believe in them. Things are on the UP & UP girly. Safe travels ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay- so you get one more day with your family and friends and you get that little hiccup fixed! Enjoy your day-Wednesday is a great day to start your journey HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it happend before and not during. Have a safe trip!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck....have fun....how exCiTiNg!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and have a fun and safe journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, at least you were able to get the car fixed BEFORE the road trip. Have a safe, fun and exciting adventure!!! (I want descriptions of the Northern Lights if you see any in Alaska.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't wait to hear all about your trip! be safe and don't pick up hitch hikers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the car, but congrats on leaving tomorrow! I can't wait to hear how the trip goes, good luck and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drive safe! Can't wait to hear all about Alaska, you are def living the dream - charge it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great trip! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. enjoy the drive. it is long. very long. but you will see some beautiful and amazing country.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have the safest trip.. Please!~
    Check in with us as much as you can.. I would love to see how your journey goes!

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sooooooo excited for you both! I can't wait for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whenever the Lord changes my plans like that I just wonder what He may have saved me from! Makes you think. Yall be safe and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Alaska. My parents lived there for years when I was in college. Safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a safe & fun trip!! Looking forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so HAPPY for you and your hubby!!!!
    Glad you are keeping us informed... You both drive carefully and get up there safely and without any more hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting! I know you have been counting down the days for a while now. I am so happy for you that the time is here! Be safe and I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would love for you to join us with our second photo challenge starting next week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man, that's a bummer set back. But hope all goes well on your belated trip!

    ReplyDelete