Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some Housekeeping Issues..


Howdy ladies and Bob! Hows it goin tonight?? A few housekeeping issues...

1. Do you like the new look?? The "view" we are looking out is just outside of my new motherland Fairbanks, AK. Just thought I'd keep it real for ya'll!!


2. I applied for a position at University of Alaska. They want me to take a typing test and find someone with a web cam cause they wanna interview the mamma! YAYAYAYA *happy dance*
Please Pray. I need this to work out!


3. You wanna see some pictures??

I feel as though I have neglected you!

Friday night my momma had her Relay for Life walk. My momma is a breast cancer survivor and a totally rad chick. So Hubs and I went a few counties over to surprise her!! She was way stoked!



After she showed us her campsite and introduced me to all of her Relay friends we went around looking for our luminaries which were placed around the walking track. Luminaries for those who don't know are bought during the Relay in memory of, or in honor of people who they know have battled cancers.

I had a few bought for me, as did my momma and some of our other family members who have died due to this terrible disease!


My momma won a prize for being the third highest donation getter in our county! She raised over 1,000.00 for Relay for Life and she was VERY ill for two weeks of the donations time. She worked her tail off!

Here we are thinking she might get a prize.. but she didn't.

Soon we had to go, as I needed to have enough time to make it back for work that night. So we capped off the evening with one final picture of me and my momma. The other person in the picture is my cousin B.



Momma and B stayed till almost 2:30 that morning walking and having a good time. 2:30 is late for her!! She was tired the next morning! :)


It was a happy surprise!

33 comments:

  1. Love the new look!! I will pray for you, you deserve the job you want and all the happiness and well being you desire. You and hubby look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Stopping by from SITS--Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my fingers crossed for you!! And I love the new look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow—a web interview!! Thinking happy thoughts for you here. BTW, I loved your Father's Day post. Really quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look-
    Praying for the job-double crazee time praying.
    Love Relay for Life.. We just had ours about a month ago...

    Your mom looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new look! Good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the interview!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get the job. Great job Mom!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calvin (my daycare kid who has cancer) was in RFL two weeks ago.
    If I didn't suck real bad (read; vomit frequently) I would have loved to walk with his support group.
    They're very committed (having a 3 YO w/cancer - who wouldn't be?) and I'm certain they'd welcome me next year.
    Relay for life - it's a good thing! Kudos to your momma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The view is amazing, good luck with the interview, and hooray for your mom's hard work with Relay for Life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying that the job works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, here's hoping the job works out. that view is so beautiful, you are living in such an awesome place!

    congrats to your mom and all her hard work for RFL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get the job! Your mom is awesome for doing the Relay for Life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful! I love it! RFL is awesome! Congrats to your momma for raising all that money!
    I pray you get the job!
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how exciting (the veiw is gorgeous).
    Wonderful picture of you and your Mom.
    I got my purse today... I love it.
    Thank you again so much!
    I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sending good thoughts about the job, hope you get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. totally cool! Sending VERY good thoughts on the job.I hope you found a web cam!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait until you see the northern lights - if there's one good thing about Fairbanks; it's the Northern Lights. It makes the cold tolerable.

    Break a leg with the UAF - positive thought energy headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your view! Good luck with your job interview and I hope you get the job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Came across your blog. Love the post about your neighbors! :-) Look forward to reading more!

    --Delena in KC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with the job interview! Hope you get it!
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to hear of Cancer survivors. So awesome! Congrats to your mom!! I hope you get that job and I love your new pics for your site. You are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that is awesome WTG MOM. and blessing on her being a Breast cancer survivor. My grandmother survived too.
    stoppin in from sits to say HI

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll be praying for your job! You can do it! I love the picture its beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is awesome!!! I love to hear such heart felt stories. I'm sure you two showing up to surprise her was the BEST gift ever :) Thanks for always giving such sweet comments ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm doing a happy dance for you too. Congratulations on the job interview and remember they want to like you; they want you to be the person they are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the new look - good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the new look, now I might need to go to Alaska, LOL. Praying for your interview, and way to go Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Luck with your interview, I will keep you in my prayers. I love all of the pictures in your post. Yeah for you and your mom for being survivors, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How cool that you surprised your momma...so sweet! And I love the new look...the colors in the header pic are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful new look, beautiful pictures. Your momma ROCKS!! I hope everything works out with the job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete