Saturday, June 13, 2009

Channeling My Inner M-Stew

Today, I channelled my inner M-Stew (aka Martha Stewart) and had a bake sale.

I haven't had a bake sale since I was like 7.

Who remembers how to plan these things?? Do you realize all the little things you have to think of to have a bake sale go well. Christ. I didn't. I was a hot mess for the whole week.

Happy Pills abound!

I mean you know what happens..I'm gonna ask all of these people to help and they say they will, but then don't and you get there and you think man I have all this food, what if nobody comes, what if we have to take it all back home.... the typical OCD crazy momma drama.

BUT..

Everything went off without a hitch.

We couldn't find a venue. The place we orginally wanted was completely against having us there-- Ruuuudee.. So I was like WHATEVA lady! And I found something different...

Thank GAWD for Wal-Mart. Really what would we do without the Redneck White House??

Saved our butts today and welcomed us with there big, open, discounted arms. Ole' Wally rocks my world.

We set up, had our bake sale and THE WHOLE TOWN SHOWED UP.

THE WHOLE STINKIN TOWN. Businesses came and gave us more baked goods and gift cards to give in the sale.

I was so happy. Giddy. Like click my heels happytimes!

We ended up having 4 very long tables of goodies, as well as 6 boxes CHALKED FULL of extras, and 3 Wal-Mart bags full of cookies and brownies.

We had so many cookies I could eat a cookie everyday for a year and still have some left.

IT WAS BANANAS.

When it was all over: We had 3 small and I mean SMALL beer flats with a few items.

Holla atcha girl!

I was so amazing with how people came out and gave and gave and gave. They were so generous. There where so many people who just gave and didn't take anything from the table.
After all this time of thinking people didn't give a rats's here.. they actually do.

My friend said something that I really believe.. it is said that it takes a tragedy for people to do something nice for one another. It really is. I am guilty of it just as much as the next guy.

But I am glad we could do what we could.

Our little bake sale made 1800.00 today. I'm pretty stoked and am thanking the baked gods!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome!

    Our school holds bake sales all the time, lawl. But I'm rather allergic to the kitchen, hah. And $1800 is a helluva lot of money. Time to go shopping it seems! =P

    Great blog!

    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you raising money for? That's an amazing haul!! Great job! i always endng up eating all day when i help out at bake sales. LOL Hope you didn't fall into my trap. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the Mother of all Bake Sales then?
    Holy cow. Way to go.

    What was your goal? Whe gets the proceeds?

    Did you get to eat what you liked? Please say there were fringe benefits while sitting n front of WMart all day (besides meeting the delightful patrons, I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    $1800.00 is great for a bake sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! $1800.00 is CRAZY for a bake sale....way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so COOL!!! Walmart is THE center for sales like that! They let everyone in, and let me tell you, even if you didn't make any $$, just sitting there watching the patrons of Walmart is FUN!!!
    So what is the money going to?
    I'm way to OCD to organize and do a bake sale!
    Congrats!!
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing! I'm so glad it was such a success. I once watched a special on people donating money for the Salvation Army and people who shopped at Walmart gave far more money than people shopping at Macy's or higher end stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fabulous! I'm always saying people are the problem...usually my way of not pointing the out the exact who and what...but this proves people can also be the answer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a blast! That is awesome that you raised almost $2,000! You should be very proud of yourself!

    Have a great week!

    Kim

    PS- Everytime I come visit you have more and more followers,it is great, I enjoy reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congrats....that is amazing! Man, now I really want a snickerdoodle...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Cannoli! That is a serious bake sale. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's amazing! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. $1800 dollars!!! Wow!!! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete