Friday, May 29, 2009

Rocksee Gives a Talk

One of the really cool parts of my job is that I get to go around to elementary schools, civic groups, senior centers and other places to give talks about public safety. I really enjoy being able to have face to face contact with the people that I serve everyday.

The kids are so much fun to teach and they learn so quickly. I am so happy to be a part of being able to impower our young people and encourage them to play an active role in there safety!When I first started we only did kids programs and we soon found that alot of adults had alot of the same questions about public safety and 911. So .. we branched out.

What I want to say to you all who read, is that public safety is there for you to use. Please never feel like it is a bother to us for you to call, or you are over reacting. It is our job to keep you safe!

Last night, I was able to travel home and give a speech to the Sassy Silk Hatters (a Red Hat Club group) from my hometown. It was so nerve racking to give a speech to a room full of people that I've known all my life, when I ususally just talk to strangers! But I think it went really well! So heres a picture of me and the Queen Mother and the Vice Queen Mother, who happens to be my momma. (she's the one in the cool little headband).






8 comments:

  1. What a cool fun job..really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent this ..and only 1/2 went through. Anyway, I was going to say ..."safety day" was my favorite day in school.. They would always have that dog puppet "McGruff" come... I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to have a fun job like that again!!! Any news on the potential job up here? You are lookin' GOOD by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Has anyone ever told you that your hair ROCKS?!
    Cause it does!
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  5. You DO have the most RAD hair in town (love it!). I've had a chance to worj with kids and I really really enjoyed it. Good for you Rocksee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that seems really cool. I love those red hat ladies, they are always so spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I almost, accidentally, call 911 everyday at work...why must you dial a nine to get out and then a 1 for long distance? Doesn't make any sense to me.

    Thank you for keeping us safe! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the red hat purple shirt gals! They are the best! Super sweet and super sassy: my kind of ladies!

    ReplyDelete