Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OOOO I love the Nightlife!

Ohh thank you sweet jesus, I am back on the night shift. I have to almost resist the urge to skip around the room in delight! Ok, maybe I am being a little over dramatic.. but seriously.. I LOVE BEING BACK ON NIGHTS. *yayaya.. prancing around*** ok.. I am good now.

Most people are generally frightened when they come into our home. It is very very dark. No, theres no coffins and chains on the walls or anything.. but we keep all the windows covered with very dark material. (1.99 a yard at Wally World!) Working the night shift requires sleeping in the day. Thus you have to trick your body that it is nightime or else you will be up all the darn time. Hubs has always worked nights since we've been together, so we've basically made the black out look famous. Plus it keeps your electric bill way low!

Anyways the reason that I love nights, apart from the day time sleeping is that I am just a night owl. I am nicer to people in the night time. I feel like people who are up at this time of night are generally more laid back and honest. At my job, nobody is here, everyone is happy and everyone gets along on the overnight shift.

When you work nights.. that means you shop at night too.. I love Walmart at 3 am. Those are some stories! Traffic is light, so your commute is practically a cake walk.

People find it really hard to believe that people actually like working over nights. More often than not I run into people who say "oh gosh, I wouldn't be able to do that.." But really it's no different that working during the day. We just flip it around a little.

So when you are on your way to work in the morning, give us folks you see leaving there jobs, a little wave! Cause we are off to bed, while you slave in the office over the bright screaming sun and the large floresent lights.

Off to our dark little caves..

Ohhh I love the night life!

5 comments:

  1. I think all of us here in vegas have had a night job at one point. My night job was so very interesting. I ran around half naked at a club doing VIP hosting! hahah. that was a JOKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hat is off to you. I KNOW I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never met anyone who enjoys working at night. But you made me think. But isn't it really really cold at night?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband used to work nights!It was sort of hard since me and the kid were on day schedule, but we LOVED the paycheck. Shift Differential ROCKS. I bet you get some....rather interesting calls at night! :)
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SUCH a night person too! I don't think I'd like working nights, but I am certainly way more productive at home in the middle of the night. It's not that uncommon for me to finally fall asleep when the birds start their annoying twittering outside my window... lol

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my MHR post, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete