Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Extreme Makeover: ME Edition.


So I am writing weekly for Extreme Makeover: ME Edition.. Which is held over at the most Awesomest Amber's blog at: http://amberfilkins.blogspot.com/. What is EMME you ask?? WELL it's the raddest group of chicks on the web. We talk about health, fitness and how we can not only improve our lives, but empower others to improve theirs!
If you haven't already.. HEAD OVER!! Lets chat!
This week, the question of the week is...................
What is one thing that you absolutely love about yourself?
What's funny, is I love alot about myself. I am a lovin Rocksee fool. In my opinion if you aren't your biggest cheerleader, who else will be?? You have to love yourself before you can start taking care of your body and your soul. I am big believer in that. I've always been the fat girl. All my life.. But I've always felt that if I could love how god made me and maybe just try to improve upon it, then that would be better that constantly digrading and chastising myself for not being the standard that everyone wanted.
But anyways.. getting back to the question. I think the major thing about myself that I love is that I am resiliant. I am strong willed and have overcome alot in my life. I deal with people everyday who have used the bad situations in the past as a excuse to screw up their lives. I chose not to be that way.
I have dealt with cancer, rape, domestic violence, more cancer, even MORE cancer.. and I have chose to take the high road and deal with those things in a positive way. I think by my experiences in life, I hope that I can make a difference in the lives of others. I am lucky to have the opprotunity in my career field.
I also feel that the bad parts of my life have made me not as judgemental towards people. I came to realize very early that I am very blessed to have the life I have. One wrong turn could have led me into the life that I didn't want. One wrong turn and my life would have been completely different.
So I choose not to judge people by the mistakes or the choices that they have made. I made alot of wrong decisions and alot of people gave me chances to do right. SO I try to extend that gesture to others that I have crossed paths with.
Experience shapes us, but it doesn't define who we are.

15 comments:

  1. I think you're awesome!!!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put. I need to think more like you...it's hard to feel good about yourself all the time when you're the "fat girl," like me. You're one of my new favorite blogs!
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that!!! Loving and accepting yourself is so important to do yet can sometimes seem so difficult.

    (after reading everyone elses deep and philosphical posts I am feeling a bit shallow fcr popping up with the hair post)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi stopping by from SITS. Great post!!
    Oh and regarding the two hotties over on the side, definitely Eric... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I admire you for making the best out of negative situations. It sounds like you have been through a lot and to have a such positive outlook shows great character! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resilience is a fabulous quality! The ability to see the positive and not let things get to you is very important.

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post!!! You are an amazing person!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww....Your such a great person. I like your attitude and wish more people thought like you do. Go Rocksee!! I will be your cheerleader too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your awesome to and I also think you have the cutest darn face I ever saw. I love your profile pic. We have alot in commen. Have a great week Rocksee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been through a lot. And it sounds like you've come out of it all fabulously. You seem super positive and have a great outlook on life! I love that about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your attidude! You are so adorable. Your positive outlook will take you so far. (sounds like it already has!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rocksee IS foxy!! Seriously, what a fun name, even if it is a nickname. It is, right?? :)

    I'll quote Hannah Montana, "Roxy like a puma!"

    Okay, serious, serious insight & wisdom in this amazing little post of yours. I mean you figured out that I'm the awesomest.

    Ha! You know that's not what I'm talking about. But you rock girl. I mean, serious wisdom, resiliency and positivity.

    Gooooooooooooo YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is always a tough one, its eaiser to judge yourself than it is to love oneself.. stopping by from sits, happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an admiral thing...resiliance! I know I definitly could use more of this! Good for you Rocksie!

    ReplyDelete