Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thursday Thunks.

1. If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be?

I miss you more than I can say.

2. Did you get drunk at your prom?

Haha.. no actually.

3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?

I love alot of spices in cooking, but currently I am having a blast experiementing with curry..!

4. What color is your roof?

Uh.. brown.

5. In a land far, far away I live out my wildest dreams!

6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown?

No.. I don't. From what I've read, Miss North Carolina and other contestants were a tad more inpressive than she was. I think what cost her, was the fact that she was visably shaken by the question. She froze up. Weither I agree or disagree with her, Miss USA is all about poise under pressure and she obviously couldn't handle it. "Opposite Marriage??" " in my country??" I mean that's some pretty big stumbles.

7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants? No.

8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor? Yes

9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...) Alf

10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level? I would suppose so.. I've never tipped over or anything.

11. What was the last restaurant you ate at? McDonalds. YUCKY!


12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month? I don't own a calendar.


13. Are you superstitious? Very

14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear? Well since we have only one station that isn't country.. it's a pop station.

15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard? neither!

16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways?

Well I haven't been in high school for 10 years (gasp!) so I don't really know. I do know that my school has more safety precautions but I don't really know if that is due to Columbine or just national security being taken so much more seriously these days.

Do I think the cliques and the bullying still exist? Yes. Are there still those that are troubled and fall through the cracks? Yes. Are kids still mean to each other? Yes.

So do I think this could happen again? Sadly .. yes.


Thursday Thunks happens obviously every Thursday.. at http://thursdaythunks.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

  1. Okay girlie...you had me freaking out thinking it was Thursday. LOL!! These were great questions, and you have great answers. Hope your having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - we should trade radios

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep i am soo tired of mcdees when you have kids it seems like thats all there is lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, I love Curry! Happy TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crave McDonalds right after gym. Probably counter-productive that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your take on Miss California was very interesting. Great job. Enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never really used curry, I wonder what it tastes like? Have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like curry too. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the brown rooftops! I played too... check out my answers, HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked you're take on the Miss USA controversy. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete