Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Smallest Blessings


I am really beginning to see all my blessings each and everyday. But this week.. man god is just SO good to me. I realized this week that each day, somehow, god is putting my closer and closer to my goal of becoming an Alaskan. It's so funny how sometimes you see the big guy playing little tricks on you and how sometimes he is holding up a HUGE sign in front of your forehead screaming, "SEE LOOK WHAT I AM DOING FOR YOU!!" I don't take it for granted. I made sure to really count all the blessings I had this week!


He put together my boss, with people who live in Fairbanks who are in my career field. They exchanged info about me and are totally excited to hear from me on a job. I mean that can not be a fluke. That's some fate action right there.


He made me understand that I can not fix all of my family issues. I can not make everyone ok before I go. Somethings I do need to leave up to him. All I can do is make a good life for myself in AK and hope that I can help somehow, someday. But I can't make the decisions.


He made me start packing and organizing things this week, getting closer and closer to being packed up and gone. Anyone need a scooter? :)


He helped me not buy those amazing Uggs online and save that money for my passports. THAT WAS SO HARD!
He helped my friend Amy, who's family is on there way to Fairbanks from Iowa, get through car trouble and keep there baby's health in check!


He put me at peace with all the things that are left up in the air.



I don't have any idea how this is all play out. But I am ok with that. I am ready to be Alaskan.


10 comments:

  1. As exciting as I always thought it was to move, I hated packing! Somehow I end up moving with all of my junk and throwing it away once I arrive which is completely backwards. I hope that things continue to move along in the right direction to your dream of living in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for you! I do believe God has a plan, and knows what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Good luck in Alaska. If God is calling you there and you hear him, you've already started working towards his purpose for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!!! God works all the time for us and sometimes we forget that. Looks like he is working some magic for you and I am happy to hear that. When do you leave? I hate to see you leave nad go so far away, but it has been your dream for so long and you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God always has a plan for us and He always has the path for the plan. Sounds like you've found it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful blessings this week. It's amazing how much He is there for us. Good luck with everything!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You don't even know how much this warmed my heart. Its amazing to see what God is doing in others. I'm just so happy and honored that my little meme is working in you in such awesome ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girly- you're amazing. I loved this post-- I've missed reading this week b/c we're so stinking remote right now!!!:) I wish I had time to catch up on all of your recent posts, but my time is short!!! Thanks so much for your prayers for Jada- she had a bad low yesterday and it scared me even more because we are in the middle of nowhere. God has been good- car trouble, blizzard, low blood sugar, and also a flat tire on the trailer- which by the way- someone here in Ft. Nelson fixed it for free and also gave us a free spare. Has it been tough- yep- but God has been good!! I'm so excited for you!! Totally stoked about the job thing!! Keep your eyes focused on AK!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got goosebumps thinking about this and how you can see The Man at work in your life - I am a firm believer that things always work out as they are supposed to, no matter what your plan is. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like everything is lining up for you! Don't you love it when that happens...actually I guess it's kind-of always happening, it's just whether or not we can see it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete