Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Smallest Blessings

Ya'll I'll tell ya... I really enjoy being a part of My Smallest Blessings. It helps me step back and thing about what I am really blessed for each week. It makes me take a long look and the small things that I used to pass by. So Big Props to The Southern Housewife for getting this started. Go visit her at http://hersoutherncharm.blogspot.com/.
This week My Smallest Blessing has being able to go to god. I've always thought of god as my number one friend. Someone who always talks to me and is with me. Like my own little friend inside my head, without being a mental case. Talking to him keeps me grounded, centered and focused on the task at hand. It's my Prozac without having to renew my prescription. :)
I've been really stressed out with the Alaska budget. What's bothered me so much about it is that we had a TON of money saved to travel there and had a good chunk left to live on while we found jobs. Well 2 months ago, we had some major problems with our vehicle and a mechanic did some dishonest work on the car. Did over 1,000.00 in supposed repairs. Never fixed it and only made it worse. Had to spend almost 2,000.00 and 2 more months to get it fixed and repaired correctly. Time wasted we could have saved.
It's a HUGE blow. HUGE. It's 90 days til our trip. 90. In the grand scheme of things, that isn't very long to come up with enough money to cover what we had to take out to fix some yahoo's mistake. We got hosed over the deal and not only does it make me bitter about the whole situation but it makes me mad that I was taken advantage of at one of the most important times of my life.
I've been stressing over this fact all week. Because I don't believe we can make up the time money wise that we had to spend. We can't push our trip back much farther due to the weather. I've been trying to figure out if there is some way I could fit another job into my schedule. But working 12 hour shifts lately, I don't really see how that's possible. I mean I am good, but I am not that good.
It's been in my every thought, my every worry.
But yesterday, just when I couldn't think about it any longer, I just asked god to help me. I asked him to show me how this is all going to work. Let me know what I needed to do.
I don't know if god is going to show me the answer. Heck, god's probably busy for my small petty selfish dream. But I just feel like telling god about all that's going on, at least I have someone to tell. Someone who isn't judging me about it or feeling like I am blaming them for something.
Just having that ally and friend who just listens, and lets me get it all out... That's My Smallest Blessing..
So there you have it. Go see My Smallest Blessing at http://hersoutherncharm.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. I personally belive that he does listen to heartfelt and honest prayers no matter how small. He is our loving father and isnt that waht a father does?

    I am glad and feel one of my smallest blessing is also my blog and the ability to vent without the people around me knowing everytime I am stressed.((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. Keep pressing on...and keep praying. Yes- He wants our everyday stuff as well as this "big" stuff- just remember nothing is too big for Him. Sometimes I think that He allows things like this to happen so that we learn to depend on Him even more. Have you ever heard of the book "Hinds Feet in High Places"? It's an allegory about a girl named Much Afraid and her journey to the High Places with the Good Shepherd and the trouble she faces along the way. It's a great read and was a huge help to me when we decided to follow the Lord's leading again and move back to where He has called us. I do believe that He will make a way for you- and it will be most unexpected, because He works in ways that we just can't understand.
    FYI- when we left Alaska the first time, we drove back to the lower 48 during the second week of October. The weather was chilly, and had a little bit of snow through part of Yukon Territory and British Coumbia, but the road conditions were great. The thing about traveling that time of year is that there aren't as many businesses open along the Alaska Highway, so there are longer stretches of road with out fuel. We carried extra with us, (which we will do again) and only used it once, because the gas prices were just way too outrageous and we were getting close to Edmonton, where we thought we would get better prices, which we did. There also aren't a lot of high mountain passes that you travel through- like what you think of when going through the Rockies in Colorado. You would just have to keep a close eye on the weather ahead of you and be prepared to wait something out if needed. We made it to Great Falls, Montana in 2 1/2 days of straight through driving in October w/ 4 kids. It's definitely doable into October!
    It will work out girlfriend! He's got your back and I WILL be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have faith and remember everything will fall into place when it's time. Rest assure God knows what you need and it will all happen when it is supposed to. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. And girl, you are so right! :) So happy that you participated this week!
    xo
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and heartfelt blog entry! I hope everything works out for you!

    I found you on SITs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is going to work out hon it has to, keep working towards your goal. :)

    Blessings n' hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is a great blessing, he is amazing and he does everything for a reason. Just keep praying and turning to him. This was a beautifully written post. Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete