Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Smallest Blessings





I don't know if you can see it.. But My Smallest Blessing.. is a the lil teeny weenie scar that is next to my tattoo. I have about 75 of these all over my body.

They are all different shapes, colors and even sizes ranging from a small spec to a long 6 inch scar on my back.

The reason why I see these scars as My Smallest Blessings is because each of these scars are places where small cancers have been removed from my body. Each of these scars are the pain and suffering of the last 8 years. They are my growth. My courage. My badges of honor.

But mostly these little scars are My Smallest Blessings because each of these scars stopped my cancer from spreading. Each of these scars was as far as my cancer got to go.

So for that... I am so blessed x 75.


My Smallest Blessings comes from The Southern Housewife..

You can find her at http://hersoutherncharm.blogspot.com

18 comments:

  1. Wow Rocksee. Wow.
    Much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great attitude you have...and some amazing "badges of honor" to go with it! :)

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to say ditto the wow word.

    That is a lot to be thankful for and what a great attitude to have for something that is scary as that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I'm absolutely speechless. Just blown away by the honestly and simpleness of your post. Simply amazing. I'm so blown away by this one. The Lord is so wonderful. Thanks so much for linking up- this one just made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll thank you for all of this love.. Just think of me the next time you tan or go out without sunscreen..

    It's no fun.

    Pale is the New Tan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing story. I am glad you are here to tell it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Such a powerful post!! What a blessing to read about your gratitude for coming through trials.

    Blessings,

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for your comment on my page. what an amazing story our body and scars can tell. you really are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really good post, thanks for sharing that.

    On a lighter note - Camo Uggs?! I had no idea they existed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You are so blessed. Those scars are the best kind of beauty mark.
    I agree with you, a tan is not worth it and it's not that pretty anymore. Too many people sufferin'.
    Bein' a paleface rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are AWESOME!

    I have one scar from skin cancer, and it hurt like the dickens!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Hugs,
    From a Fair Skinned Friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are very blessed. That is an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this Rocksee- you blessed my heart this morning! Ya know -one great thing about Alaska--the UV rays are pretty low! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful perspective to see each of those little scars as a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad I finally got around to visiting yours. What a great story, and positive attitude you have. If only every one could/would feel blessed about the cancer that was stopped, instead of being sad there was cancer at all. Thanks for your great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the inspiring post :) Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community.

    ReplyDelete