Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life.. Or Something Like It.

I was talking with the hubs last night.. again, he's very upset with his career and how things are working out at his job. I think that he feels that after all he's been through, maybe he's better off on giving up entirely on his career choice and trying something new in Alaska.

What saddens me is that he has spend 7 years learning all the ins and outs of his trade. It is not an easy feat to be in my husbands profession and I really don't want him to give up on something that he's invested so much time in.

To me.. I think that if he goes to another place.. with a little better management, he would like his job a whole LOT better. He is AMAZING at what he does and I think if he was in a place with a little more support and a little more opprotunity for advancement, it would be a whole different bag of bananas.

BUT..

I don't feel that it's my place to make that decision for him. He has to decide what his happiness is. I just don't want him to regret moving out of a career that he is actually made a difference in peoples lives. I just wish he would see how much he has done here. I want him to keep that up in Alaska.

The workplace is just so complicated anymore. I remember when I was 16 and I worked at the laundry at a nursing home. It was simple. No drama, no politics. Just in and out. I did my 20 hours a week and went on about my life.. I think the hubs first job was at Taco Villa. I can imagine him in that sexy hat! haha.. maybe he should wear a sombero to his job now.. That might put him in better spirits!

But with these harsh times, it seems that even the people who have a job are struggling to make it through each and everyday. Theres so much stress placed on EVERYONE. Everyone feels like with one false move.. maybe they will be next. Which is worse than actually getting fired right off the bat because at least there isn't that stress day to day.

I used to work at a place like that and it's no fun.

In the end though.. with all the stress and problems that you encounter daily at ANY job.. it is in the end just a job... and you just have to roll with the punches that life gives you.

I hope that when we get to Alaska we can find jobs that fulfill us. I hope that hubs can find something that truly makes him feel worthwhile. Because I know he's not getting that here. I want him to be able to be proud of what he does for a living. I know he can do that.


So please Sarah Palin- help us. :)

18 comments:

  1. Oh bummer!! Feeling bad for him- Jeff has been in this position before and it's so hard to see them like that! I don't know what your husband does, but one thing about Alaska that is sure- employers up there have a VERY difficult time finding someone who is a good, hard worker. If your husband stays in the same industry, I'm quite sure that he will be given the opportunity to shine! Hang in there- you've got just a few more months til the promised land! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishin you lots of luck! I know hubster has been in the same boat. He is still deciding what to do. I hope he figures out what is the best plan. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my site today!! I love your positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! Thanks for visiting my site! It's so important for husbands to have a job that they enjoy so they can be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband sometimes goes through times when he hates his job too. Hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Daddy hated his job so much. He was also in a field where he put a lot of time and energy into it to learn what he did to do the job. In the end he was miserable. So along with gettin' rid of me he also went back to school to do something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the SITS community - we're so glad you've joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my site.

    I know what you are going thru with your hubby. I went thru the same with mine.

    Keep faith and keep thinking happy thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there...better days are ahead for all of us and we'll be that much stronger for going thru these hard ones! Stopping by from SITS to say hello and wish you many happinesses (I know, not a real word) in Alaska or wherever life takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gift your husband has in you! No matter what satisfaction his job does or does not bring him; surely he will know he is successful at home. Way to bless & encourage your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Job stuff can really be a pain...but when the right fit is found, it's wonderful!!! I'll be praying for you and your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely will be praying... These decisions are difficult ones for certain..
    I think that the best thing wives can do is just support whatever our dudes wanna do... Unless of course, it's something crazee off the deep end...Like joining the circus...then an intervention might be acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry it's so stressful for him at work. I hope it gets better for him. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to get to know you bettter. :)

    Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear about your husband having a hard time at work. I hope things work out in alaska! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I agree with you, all the politics and drama makes it hard and I remember when you just went to work and came home. I hope your hubby finds what he needs in his career.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can totally understand your dilemma.Been there done that. hubby and I have been married 21 years and he has went through this twice actually. Just remember no matter what you have each other and you will make it work......And hey you need a house up here? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are adorable! I have enjoyed reading through your posts!!! Hope all works out for you and your Hubby! Alaska? Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So your moving to alaska or you are going to visit?? or is your husband there now?? i'm so confused and so interested! =)

    ReplyDelete