Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Extreme Makeover- ME Edition! (Alaska Update)




So over at a Extreme Makeover, this week's topic is...
Share with us a healthy recipe.
{One that you've adapted, found, made up. Anything. Try to give any nutritional info if possible}
The one I have, I actually just got from a friend out of the Biggest Loser Cookbook. I don't have the exact recipe, but here's how I made it last night.
Stuffed Mushrooms
You'll need:
8 Porcini Mushrooms- Those are the BIG fat ones with the large heads and short stubs.
1/2 Jar of Any Light spaghetti sauce- all I had was Barilla Simple Fresh Tomato
2 lbs Turkey Sausage
Kraft Natural Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
First you will need to remove the stubs out of the mushrooms, once you get the stubs out this will make a nice little cups for your filling to rest in. Line a small cookie sheet with foil and lay the mushrooms "butt side" down.
Brown your 2 lbs of turkey sausage til it is cooked through. I used S&P for seasoning.
Once brown, add in your sauce till all the pieces of the sausage are coated.
Spoon your sausage mixture into the mushroom cups. Dont be afraid to be liberal with the mixture.
Top with cheese.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes (til cheese is melted) at 350. Proceed to eat like there's no tommorrow!
It's pretty YUMMO.
Also something else I cooked with this week is Elk. IT"S AMAZING! I finally had the guts to venture into the health food store and found some great ground Elk. I made up some Elkburgers for supper the other night. Even Hubs' liked it.. and that's sayin something!! I am going to try some Buffalo round steak tommorrow!
So ladies don't be afraid to venture out!
This week was a pretty half and half week for me as far as working out. I hurt my left calf from running and I was in pain pretty seriously for 2 days. It knocked me out of working out just a little bit. But I got back up on the workout train once I got to feeling better. Slow, but sure.
But .. this week there were some MAJOR victories! I had to buy new jean capris.. because I am down to only 2 pairs of pants that fit me.
And.. I had to buy 18's. I haven't worn 18's since I was like a junior in high school. That's a very big deal. I actually could get them buttoned and had room to breath in and out without dying from my airsupply being cut off. I am guessing, if there were such a thing that I am about a 17. Too big for 16 and a little too small for 18.
That seriously blows my mind right off the hinges.
** on a side note.. an amazing thing happened as far as my Alaska trip. My boss is at a conference for our work. She met two ladies who are in our profession from Fairbanks, AK. She told them all about me and how I am moving there and need a job and they would be absolutely NUTS not to hire me. (have I mentioned that I LOVE HER??) and they gave her the hiring person's name and email and told her to have me email her as soon as I can! YAY! My boss also said they were really excited to hear I was interested in working there and really wanted me to get with the hiring person. DOUBLE YAY! Pray that this works out people. I really need this to happen! God at work!***

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those sound yummy!! I'll have to save that recipe. My uncle makes GREAT stuffed mushrooms, but they are NOT low fat.

    Congrats on going down a size!! That's awesome! And congrats on the job lead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news! and your recipie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stuffed Mushrooms sound delish! I will have to give that a try! I have been replacing all ground beef with ground turkey...and you can barely tell! If I didnt mention it the bf would never even know the difference!

    And CONGRATS on going down a size. How great does that feel?!? I can't wait to go shopping when I reach my goal...I am saving up until then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on going down a size. That's always a great feeling.

    I hope everything works out with the job. That would be amazing.

    Good luck this week!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when clothes get too small!!! YAY!!! That would be awesome for the job lead to pay out!! Will pray that it does!

    Only one of my sons and I are mushroom eaters...so will save this recipe for us!! I love bonding with him {12} because of our similar tastes in food! It's so much fun.

    Have a great week!

    xoxo ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for clothes that are too big on ya!!! And congrats on the job lead. Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm stuffed mushrooms! Good thing all these recipes are healthy :-) Congrutulations on needing new pants! It's fun to shop when all your stuff is too BIG! Keep up the great work, and good luck on the job search...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you with the weight loss! What a great feeling it is to put on a pair of pants and have them be too big. Yay!

    Good luck with your job situation. It sounds like you have a really nice boss right now.

    Have a good week. Keep up the great work!

    XOXO
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will pray about the job situation!

    I love me some elk. The last time I had it it was elk lazagna. yum

    Great news about the pants...or lack there of! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stuffed mushrooms...I'm definitely trying this!

    I'm praying for everything to work out the way you need it too!

    Congrats on the vitories this is such a great group to be part of!

    ReplyDelete