Saturday, March 28, 2009

So Heres Something for You to Ponder...

I've currently been at work for 11 hrs and 22 minutes.

That's 682 minutes.

That's 40920 seconds.

If you want to take that even further, in the past 48 hours I have spent 1364 minutes working and that in turn equals out to about 81,840 seconds of my life lost to the man.

And that's way too long in my opinion.


Now mind you.. I love what I do. I love the people I work with. I just love love love it.

But the hours.. danggggg... they are killin a sista. I feel like a prisona' in here sometimes, which is ironic considering my career.

I try really hard to not get burnt out on it. But sometimes with my line of work, I do. Not only is the stress a killer.. but the fact that there is only so many of us to go around. Obviously people get sick, or go on vacations (which I need to do.. my last one was Alaska!), or have other obligations such as the myriad of trainings that we've been going to lately.

We all have to work to cover. So sometimes that means pulling 12's, working your days off and adjusting your schedule in such a way that no person in there right mind could sleep enough hours to function.

All the while still maintaining our perky postivity.

Sometimes I just don't feel perky postive. Sometimes I have to think of so many things at once for such an extrordiary amount of time, that my brain starts to cry. When your brain cries.. that isn't good.

Thus, why I blog.

To maintain some minor levels of sanity without completely going US Postal Service on someone.


So my question to you: Do you feel that you work too much?

I know I do.



8 comments:

  1. You poor thing! You sound like you need a break. I am a stay at home mom, but YES I do feel like I work too much. I loved your math skills at the beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I work a ton--but not as many hours as you! I just think it's because I'd rather be with my son so any overtime is too much for me

    Visiting you from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  3. New here! Followed you from Ter's blog! Nice to meet ya! SO what is it that you do anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I sometimes feel like my work hours get crammed together too much...10-14 hr days really take it out to me. Ps. Kudos on kickin' cancer's ass! You are an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so important to have a break or you get burnt out - regardless of how much you love your job! I used to feel this way at my old office -- I would work 13-14 days straight with no day off.... 8 hour days, usually, but could be up to 9 depending on the day.... I wanted to scream

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is exhausting swinging from tree to tree. Yawn. I need a nap.

    Checking in from SITS. Wishing you a beautiful week. My best wishes,

    Sock Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes. You do sound like you need a vacation.
    Thanks for comin' by my blog. I've enjoyed lookin' around yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!

    Part of me wants the 40 hour work week. (Currently 50+). But my job isn't one of those. Which leads me to say, do I want to change professions.

    I suppose that's what vacations are for. To relax, recharge and do it all over again.

    Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS day! Making the rounds to thank everyone! Wish me luck :)

    xoxo~Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts

    ReplyDelete